Join us at CoderDojo Des Moines!
Each month at CoderDojo Des Moines (CoderDojoDSM), youth ages 9 to 18 can learn to code, build a website, create an app or game, program a robot, or simply explore technology in a less-structured, creative, and social environment. CoderDojoDSM is free and students of all skill levels are welcome.
CoderDojoDSM meetups facilitate exploratory learning through project-based work. Students are welcome to bring projects of their own or we can suggest a project. Local technology professionals serve as volunteer mentors and help students as needed. Students are also welcome to share their projects as collaborative creativity and peer input is encouraged.
- This month’s meetup will include breakout rooms for coding in Scratch or Python as well as working with the BBC micro:bit computer. Please indicate student interest on the registration form. For students new to coding, we recommend starting with Scratch.
- A parent or guardian is required to complete the registration process for each student. Please review our program policies before registering.
- We strongly recommend a parent or guardian be present with youth under the age of 13 as we cannot create online accounts for students and guidance on navigating multiple windows while working in Zoom is helpful for less experienced students.
- For the best meetup experience and to interact with mentors, students will need a personal computer with an operating microphone, speakers or headphones and camera.
- The Zoom desktop client is required and version 5.3.0 or later is recommended. Please update to the latest version prior to the meetup.
- To learn more, please visit coderdojodsm.com.